It’s FINISHED! Yay! I’m so happy. This thing seemed to take forever. I’m very happy that my “Fern Lap Robe” is finished though. It obviously still needs to be blocked. I’m very glad that I checked to see if you can block acrylic yarn (you can, you use steam instead of soaking, pinning and drying).
I think I mentioned in my last post that I’m in Florida for a couple weeks vacation before the semester starts again on September 1. Well, my aunt, who I’m staying with, has a friend who is pregnant and was lamenting that she didn’t know anyone who knit because she would love a hand made blanket for the baby (which is due in January). So I was asked if I would be willing to do a blanket. I said yes and I cast on last night.
That’s the yarn and the pattern book with the blanket pattern. It’s a variegated yarn, which now that I think about it might not have been the best idea, but it’s a nice, acrylic yarn none the less. I chose an acrylic for a very specific reason, it’s easy to throw in the washing machine with anything and have survive without special treatment. This is going to be for a newborn to 2 years old, baby’s are messy.
And here’s the progress after today.
It’s only two repeats but still, it’s progress!
I also have yet another project that I started while working on the first throw. It’s a scarf with a pattern called “Dragon Scale” and it looks really cool.
That’s the current progress on the scarf with about 5 pattern repeats. It actually is going very quickly (it’s only 32 stitches across) and I’m using Cotton Ease by Lion Brand Yarn. It’s very nice and very smooth, I really like it. This is a side project though and it’ll be on hold while I focus on the baby blanket.
One last little thing, I pulled out a crochet hook last night and used some leftover yarn from the “Fern Lap Robe” and made this little face scrubby though I’ll probably use it as a coaster.
And that’s it for now! Lots of new things in the works though I’ll have to slow down when classes start up again!