Uncategorized

Cable Troubles

So, I ran into some trouble with one of the projects I’m working on.

It’s a fairly complicated cable patter and I misscrossed a row. I didn’t realize it until I was 4 rows past there. Instead of ripping it all out and trying again (have to pick up sock-weight yarn with size 1 needles was not a happy thought) I instead tried a technique I’ve seen online.

It requires a couple extra needles and some determination but I think I managed to get it done right.

As you can see, I used my cable needle to undo the previous rows and then I worked back up, re-doing the cable sot hat they were twisted the right way.

I’m not gonna show you the whole project yet πŸ˜‰ but I’ll let you know what it’s all about after the holiday’s are over.

Also, I’m hugely sorry for not updating that much, but it’s finals this week so things are a bit crazy on campus and I’ve been focusing on my school work for the time being. And I’m going to be knitting anotherΒ Harry Potter Scarf for a friend (another Slytherin) so I’ll be starting that, and another baby blanket in the coming weeks.

Hopefully I’ll be able to start posting more next weekend!

Advertisements

Comments welcome! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s