Well, I’ve managed to make progress on both.
Unfortunately…. I frogged the first blanket pattern I was working on and started another one. For some reason, the first patter just wasn’t working out for me. I kept coming up with the wrong number of stitches, or I would be off on the count or something. It just wasn’t happening. So I found another pattern that I liked and that one is going quite well.
I’m a little farther along than the picture shows at this point but it’s going along smoothly. And since I know that the shower is going to be on the 28th of this month, I have a definite date by which it needs to be done (blocking and all).
My KAL socks are going along well as well. I got another repeat of the small cable done (you need six for the back of the leg) which brings me up to 3 repeats there and I have one and a half repeats of the big cable on the front done. Since I have until the end of February to get them done I’m not too worried about them.
I didn’t work on Benden today, but I’m hoping to finish it while I’m down here in Florida. I have less than 50 rows left to knit. The only problem is that each row is longer than the last (by 4 stitches) and it’s already over 400 stitches per round, so it’s taking a while. I’m most definitely going to have to do any and all blocking at home because I didn’t bring any of the supplies for that with me, but that shouldn’t be a problem.