That’s right! It’s finished!
I cast off while at work yesterday (it was very boring as it was Reading Day – the day between the last day of classes (Monday) and the first day of finals (today)), and I blocked it as soon as I got home. It was great! I haven’t stopped wearing it 😛
There it is, pre-blocking spread out on the desk at work. You can see how it scrunched up.
And here it is all pretily spread out on the living room floor. Unfortunately I couldn’t get it quite even but I think I did okay at it. It relaxed a bit when i unpinned it so it wasn’t as obvious that I’ve messed up. I actually don’t have a lot of experience blocking pieces like this so it was a bit of an experiment.
And of course, the cat’s had to investigate. She quickly got off of it though when she realized it was cold and still damp, though I’m pretty sure some cat hair was blocked into the shawl.
And that’s about it! Test/stealth knitting is getting close to completion, but there are no pictures allowed, and I’m hoping when I’ve finished the test knitting that I can focus on finishing my Neville Cardigan before the end of the year. Wish me luck!