On Friday, I started the Fox in The Snow mittens (free pattern from Patons). It’s supposed to be knit in fingering weight yarn. I totally assumed that the Cascade 220 Superwass was fingering. Apparently I have trouble telling the difference…
Anyways, the goof is actually turning out to be a plus. I started working the mittens on the US2 needles the pattern calls for and it’s creating such a nice dense fabric that I’m going to continue. It’ll be an experiment.
That’s what I’d gotten done on Friday. I didn’t get much done over the weekend, only a couple of rows, but I’m hoping to get more done soon. Especially now that the weather seems to finally be turning towards the colder side. It’s been coo and raining the last few days, which made for a fun day at the fair yesterday.
I had a great time, despite the rain and the loss of power (the power went out at the fair and the surrounding area for about an hour, maybe a little longer). It was still a great time though.
PS: I finished the second sleeve of Aidez! Now I just need to block it, sew it up, and I’ll have a finished cardigan.