My Aidez Cardigan is seamed and done. Unfortunately, I didn’t check what other people had said about the pattern online and though I made a size larger than I my size, the armholes are far too tight and the front doesn’t close far enough. The problem I think stems from the fact that I think the pattern is designed for someone with a far skinnier frame than mine, and I am not a particularly large person.
But, it’s done. I asked my boyfriend to take some pictures of me wearing it. I had to throw my hair into a bun so you could see the back cables (my hair would have covered all of it otherwise).
So it’s done (finally) and it’s been marked as done in Ravelry. It’s nice to have it out of my list of WIPs because it’s been sitting around (as I mentioned in my last post).
I’ve also been working on the Pizzazz Socks from Mindy (she works to teach crochet at my LYS) and I told her I’d try to finish them quickly so that she could have some nice pictures.
As I’m about halfway down the foot (longer than that picture) on the first sock I’m hoping to be able to finished them in the next week or two.
I was bad, I started a new project today. I cast off one and cast on another. I’m trying to work through my stash though and this was some yarn I bought back in the screen when a shop in Boston closed down. It’s a lovely grouping of purples and blues and I have to skeins of it. I’m doing a pattern called Marigold, which is from a book I got a while back. It’s somewhere between a stole and a scarf and I’m hoping it’ll turn out nicely in the end.
Other projects are coming along as well, and I have a few that I’m going to focus on when I’m done the socks and the crochet shawl. I’m creating an order of things to work on (or well, rather two or three things to focus on at a time) so that I’ll actually finish things.