It’s been quite a year hasn’t? My blog has certainly seen more activity and I’ve had quite a lot of change in my life too. I gradutated school, can you believe it?
Granted, I didn’t finish every project I started this year, there’s some that are going over to next year, but I also did some sewing and some crochet on top of the knitting so that’s something!
For knitting and crochet, these are the projects I finished this year:
- Lazer Cozy – a crocheted cozy for a vet’s office
- Natalya – fingerless mits
- Scarf for Rich – a striped scarf of my own design that I knot for someone as a gift
- Capriole KAL – ended up being a shawl
- Test Knit – I still can’t say what this was but I finished it 😉
- Clover Ribs – socks
- Strawberry Lace Scarf – first lacy crochet project
- Sleeveheart – half circle shawl made for a friend of my mum
- Courier Art Museum Yarn Bomb – knit/crocheted a bunch of pieces for this
- Phoenix Feathers – Started as a KAL at my LYS, turned into a nice scarf-like shawl
- Crushed – knit a second one of these for Kate at A Hundred Ravens Yarn
- Summer Mystery Shawl 2013 – turned out to be a triangle shawl. Quite nice
- Rockefeller – a shawl/wrap that I did as a KAL through my LYS
- Mom’s Green Affection – knit a Color Affection shawl in green for my mom
- Brandywine – knit this as a KAL with someone else who was just learning how to knit. Came out really well
- Aidez – cabled cardigan that ended up not fitting 😦 but there’s someone I know who would appreciate it that it might fit. Hopefully she likes it.
- Baby Blanket – crocheted a baby blanket for my cousin and his wife who had a second child the end of October.
- And finally……………………
- Season 12 Doctor Who Scarf – That’s right! I actually finished about 20 minutes before I wrote this blog post. I’m quite happy that it’s done. I may have had some problems but I like the finished product at least. (I’ll do a more detailed post later)
And now, unfortunately, the projects I’m carrying over into the new year. These are all projects I plan on finishing. Some were started due to starteritis and other’s because I’d been planning them for a while but either way I didn’t finish them.
- Granny Cheyne’s Shetland Shawl – this was a far bigger lace shawl project than I thought it would be
- Sky Scarf – I feel behind on knitting it, then I ripped it all out, and now I’m re-knitting it,. Hopefully it’ll be done soon.
- Midnight Evenstar – another huge lace project that was very ambitious
- Mindy Socks – originally started as a KAL, now I’m just trying to finish them
- Bonfire Pi – felt the urge to make a pi shawl. Now I just need to finish it.
- Fox Mits – fox themed mittens that I want to finish soon as it’s rather cold out right now
- Selkie – cast on because I saw a sample at my LYS and fell in love with it
- 8 Hour Shawl – a crochet shawl that’s taking far longer than 8 hours
- Marigold in Purple and Blue – cast it on in a fit of starteritis. It’s more of a stole than a shawl.
On top of that I sewed my own costume of human!Luna for the anime con I went to and I sewed myself a circle skirt as well.
I hope everyone’s had a good year and I hope 2014 is even better.
Happy New Year everyone!