Wow, I didn’t realize how long it had been since I posted!
I have good news though!
I decided that, “Yes, I was going to add a 5th strip to my Rockefeller.” And that’s just what I did.
There’s was a fair amount of math involved and then some fudging, but I’m quite happy with the results. Adding that 5th stripe got it to exactly the length I was hoping it would be. Now the only thing is, I have to knit the wings! And those are going to take a while, and they are going to EAT yarn.I bought an extra skein of both the black and the yellow from my LYS and hopefully that’ll be enough that I get through the wings!
Now for something completely different. My LYS is starting to sell looms and I was able to get one!
It’s a 15″ Cricket Loom from Schact. My project for this afternoon (besides starting the wings on my Rockefeller) is to get this thing put together. Everyone who’s done it has said it’s been a cinch so hopefully I’ll be able to do it no problem. Worst come to worst I have the boyfriend (who’s an engineer) give me a hand.
Wish me luck!
PS: I’m still on track for NaNoWriMo!