And they’re done! My personal sock club socks for January – called Monarch Butterfly – are done!
I could have finished them a few days ago, but I had the urge to read over the weekend and as I haven’t quite mastered reading and knitting at the same time, I ended up reading more than knitting. But they’re done now! And not even halfway through the month. I moved on these. It wasn’t on purpose but it just kinda happened.
The pattern I used was my own vanilla sock pattern, slightly modified because this yarn is almost a sport weight instead of a true fingering, so I had to cast on less stitches. It wasn’t that much of a problem, but I’d originally done my normal amount of toe increases and only when my mom said something did I realize something was off. I was less than an inch past the toe so it was simply and easy enough to rip back and try again.
I didn’t even bother trying to make the stripes match. As I said in my podcast, the color repeat was just too long to try and make them match. It’s not like I won’t know they match anyways, it’s easy enough to tell so I didn’t bother. Normally I’m the kind of person who wants their socks to match, but in cases like this when it’s a complete waste of yarn to do so, I don’t bother. If it’s only like a yard or two and they match, great, but this was going to be like half of the remaining ball of yarn. Not going to happen.
Anyways, now I have to wait until February for more socks. I could cast on non-personal sock club socks, but I have 5 other projects that could use some work, so I’m going to focus on them until February and then I get to cast on my second pair!
I think the having to wait will keep me interested keeping knitting them. We’ll see!